Monday, November 29, 2010
Crazy Kids
So after reading this you will know why I gave it the title: Crazy Kids. Yesterday (Sunday) as I lay in bed, I can hear Ashlynn running around the house screaming. Not a death scream, but a funny ha, ha, Cade is teasing me scream. I get up about 5 minutes later and remind her that while people are sleeping she needs to not be screaming. She then tells me, "Mom it was because Cade was chasing me around with a sharp knife." A look of shock comes across my face and I dart my glare to Cade's direction. He then defends himself and says, "I did it because Ashlynn had one too." I can't even think of anything logical to say, except, "Get up in your rooms, NOW!" They go off to their rooms and are there for awhile when I include Rusty in on what's going down. I tell him he needs to go talk to them, because I'm at a loss of as to why they even did it. Shortly later, Cade comes down the stairs and Ashlynn is still in her room. Pretty soon you hear, "But Cade had a knife too!" Rusty then confronts Cade about lying and Cade says, "I didn't have one." I then have to help Rusty see the truth, I tell him, "Rusty why would Ashlynn be running around the house screaming if she's the only one with a knife". (She's a little crazy in the head, but not that bad) Rusty asks cade one last time, and Cade's response is this, "I didn't have a knife... at first." So off Cade goes to his room for a very long time for lying. What on earth were they thinking when the did this! I can see if your unloading the dishwasher and all of sudden you start to do something dumb with the sharp knifes, but to go into the kitchen and just grab a knife is beyond me. And it's always these two, they are always teasing each other, getting into trouble, and fighting. (Sigh) Anyway, I'm sure this will make my mom smile as she remembers her own frustrations with things we did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh YEAH...I smiled and laughed a lot!...Oh the stories I could tell....boys throwing dog poop at each other coming into the house covered with it and smelling...Ryan melting candles all over the appliances because he liked how the gooey wax looked. Sara launching Jill out of the top bunk bed...there is soooooooooooooooo much more.
ReplyDeleteMom's comment explains a lot! lol
ReplyDeleteJill, I would have gone mental, way to keep calm! Please tell me it wasn't the ginormous knives in the cupboard?
No it wasn't the ginormous knives, just the steak ones. There's a sentence I never thought I'd say.
ReplyDeleteI just want to point out neither Randy or I were mentioned in mom's response...we were the angel children :) haha JK!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis post made me giggle. I thought of you this morning when I came downstairs to Casey sobbing and I asked Matteah what she did and she showed me... she put her hands on his neck- like she was going to choke him! *sigh* Where do they come up with this stuff!?
ReplyDelete